Direct to Garment Printing is a form of printing on a t-shirt in which your full-color artwork is printed directly on the shirt, without the use of screens as used with screen printing. This process allows for very low minimums (as few as just one shirt).
Unlike screen printing, DTG allows a more cost-effective method of printing full color designs for low quantities.
Benefits of DTG Printing
There are quite a few benefits of DTG printing. If you meet any of these, this may be the best option for you!
- Low minimum order – as few as just 1 shirt;
- Full-color design – no matter how many colors, there’s no extra screens or set-up fees required
- Quick turnaround – since machine setup is much quicker than screen printing, we can print these quickly;
- Large imprint area – printing up to 14″ W x 16″ H on both sides of your shirts;
- Vivid detail – fine details in your design or photo will print vividly without the use of halftones.
RECOMMENDED Apparel Styles for DTG Printing
- 100% Cotton
- Ringspun Cotton
- Blended / CVC
- Garments Produced Specifically for DTG Printing
NOT RECOMMENDED for DTG Printing
- 50/50 Blend
- 100% Polyester / Dri-Fit Apparel