First of all, let’s answer the question, “What is Direct to Garment printing?”
Just as it sounds, Direct to Garment (DTG) printing is a process in which a specialized printer is used to print your design directly on a garment, as opposed to screen printing which uses individual screens for each color to print multiple layers of ink on the garment. DTG prints the image on the shirt with one pass. DTG is not a heat press application, but an actual full color print directly printed on garments.
While screen printing provides a very, durable printing process (when done correctly), it also has a few downsides, such as higher minimum quantities required for printing due to the time required to setup the machine and higher prices for printing multiple colors. Direct to garment (DTG) printing can be the answer when screen printing isn’t right for your project.
Below you’ll find a few advantages of Direct to Garment Printing. If any of these fit your needs, give us a call to get your shirts printed by DTG.
7 Reasons to Use Direct to Garment Printing
- No minimum quantities. You can get as few as 1 shirt printed.
- DTG is full color. Whether you need 1 color printed or 50 colors printed in your design, they’re all included at no extra charge.
- Print photos. Are you looking to print a funny picture of a friend for a prank? Maybe a photo of grandbabies printed on a t-shirt for a gift? DTG is the answer.
- Vibrant print colors. The print quality is outstanding allowing vivid ink colors. Check out a few examples of DTG printing here.
- Fast production. For small quantities, production can be much quicker than screen printing, because there is less machine and art prep time for printing.
- Amazing detail. If your design has fine details, DTG is a great choice because your artwork will print vividly.
- Large imprint area. Your design can print as large as 14″ W x 16″ H on the front and/or back of the shirts.
As you can see, Direct to Garment printing can be very handy when you need fast service for a small quantity of a full color t-shirts.